Running ColorVeil for the first time
When you first open ColorVeil, your entire screen will get an Orange tint, and you will be presented with the following welcome screen:
The welcome screen tells you how to find the ColorVeil icon, toggle the veil, and open Settings. To stop seeing this screen every time you open Colorveil, uncheck the Show this screen at startup check box.
Turning the veil on and off
To toggle the color veil, do one of the following:
- Click the ColorVeil icon in the notification area, at the far right of the Windows taskbar.
- Press the Ctrl+F11 customizable keyboard shortcut.
- If the Settings window is open, click the Turn on/off veil button near the top right corner.
You can leave ColorVeil running in the notification area, so you can easily turn the color filter on and off when needed. However, if you really want to quit ColorVeil:
- Right-click the ColorVeil notification icon to open the Settings window.
- Click the Quit ColorVeil button near the top right corner.
Changing ColorVeil settings
To open the ColorVeil Settings window, do one of the following:
- Right-click the ColorVeil icon in the notification area, at the far right of the Windows taskbar.
- Try running ColorVeil again, by clicking its Start Menu or Desktop shortcut.